The fact that you own dogs doesn’t mean that you’re required to be always at home. If you are prepared and exercise a bit of care it’s easy and enjoyable for you to go on a trip with your pet.
Here are some suggestions to help make the journey easier for both the pet and you
1. Make sure your dog is comfortable driving in the car by taking him for short rides. Take him to places of fun like pet parks, fast food drive-through (where you can serve your dog bits of meat from your hamburger) or visit with friends. It is important for him to understand that car trips are enjoyable. It isn’t a good idea for your dog to believe that all car rides will end at an animal clinic.
2. If your dog has a tendency to be car sick, don’t feed him in the morning before the journey. A dog traveling without a stomach full of food can help prevent car sickness.
3. Take plenty of water as well as an water dish with you. It is important to feed your dog frequent drinking water whenever you take a break for a while. It will be much easier to make your dog drink water if it’s familiar water that is from home. Water from different locations generally smells or tastes different and your dog might not be able drinking it.
Please read also ATV BALI is suitable for all ages. Designed for families with children.
4. Make sure you pack your pet’s food, treats, your dog’s favorite bed, toys and leash.
5. If your dog has a crate, take that along with you. In the event that you do not have a big vehicle, you can purchase the crates that fold. When you reach your destination, you’ll be able to keep your dog in the cage while you travel to a place where you aren’t able to bring him with you.
6. What should your dog do in your car? Some dogs love to lie down or rest on the seats So take a blanket with them to protect the seat. Some dogs might require the car in a crate. Make sure the crate won’t move around and terrorize your dog when you drive. You can also buy pet seat belts that keep your pet secure while in your car.
7. Stop every couple of hours to take your dog for a walk and provide him with water. Dogs can be scared by the noise of the trucks that pass through, so make sure you stroll in a quiet place. Be an excellent citizen and take plastic bags with you to take care of the debris.
8. In the event that your dog seems nervous about being in the hotel or in a strange place in your location and is not eating or drink. It is not a good idea for him to become dehydrated, so make sure to encourage him to drink water, at a minimum. It is possible to mix gravy or chicken broth in the water of your dog. It will generally cause him to gobble it up. It is possible to mix gravy or chicken broth in the food as well.
The first time you travel is always the most challenging since your dog might not know that you’re returning. After the first trip is completed, if you took time to ensure that it’s a pleasant experience for your pet, your next trip with your dog will be easy.